Skip to content
Hunter Local Land Services Part of your community
Advisory services

Reliable professional advice supporting agricultural production and management of natural resources

Emergency response

Timely coordinated action on pests and diseases and natural disasters like flood, fire and drought

Natural resource management

 Sustainable use of our land and water


Working together to protect primary industries, the economy, the environment and our community


Our region has diverse landscapes including rainforests and wetlands. Agricultural activities include dryland and irrigated cropping, fodder, vineyards, beef and dairy cattle, sheep, alpacas and goats, horse breeding, poultry and aquaculture.

Map of Hunter LLS Region


  • community

    Hunter LLS has four community advisory groups providing high-level advice on its services and functions, helping guide its strategic direction. These groups work with the LLS board on issues such as agriculture, plant and animal biosecurity, emergency management and natural resource management.

    View the terms of reference, members and meeting reports for each group at the community advisory groups page.

  • schools

    Hunter primary schools are encouraged to participate in the annual Binless Playground Day for one day during March to reduce waste and raise awareness about litter in our waterways and its effects on marine life.

  • social media

    Be sure to check out our page and 'like' it so you can keep up to date with news, resources and events across the Hunter.

  • Local Strategic ​Plan

    We are currently in the process of developing a five year Regional Strategic Plan for the Hunter.