Our region has diverse landscapes including rainforests and wetlands. Agricultural activities include dryland and irrigated cropping, fodder, vineyards, beef and dairy cattle, sheep, alpacas and goats, horse breeding, poultry and aquaculture.
Travelling Stock Reserves
Expressions of interest are being sought from eligible applicants for new grazing permits for Travelling Stock Reserves in the Merriwa/Cassilis areas.
Local Strategic Plan
We are currently in the process of developing a five year Regional Strategic Plan for the Hunter.
Four online tools are available to help landholders determine whether their clearing activities require approval.
Keep up to date by subscribing to our new email newsletter, the Hunter LLS Regional Outlook, which contains insights and information from the Hunter LLS team every couple of months on factors affecting your enterprise, land and livestock management.
This free publication will inspire, intrigue and enlighten readers as they enter the fascinating world of the important and often misunderstood natural kingdom of fungi.
- Marine debris solutions building momentum
21 November 2014
- Port Stephens crawling with local school students
18 November 2014
- Burning Issues: Fire, Poisonous Plants and the Native Vegetation Act
17 November 2014
- Rangers to tackle noxious weed on Manning River
13 November 2014
- Free workshop for small holdings owners
12 November 2014
- Pesticide training for feral animal control in Lake Macquarie
10 November 2014