Our region has diverse landscapes including rainforests and wetlands. Agricultural activities include dryland and irrigated cropping, fodder, vineyards, beef and dairy cattle, sheep, alpacas and goats, horse breeding, poultry and aquaculture.
Be sure to check out our page and 'like' it so you can keep up to date with news, resources and events across the Hunter.
Hunter Local Land Services is supporting events marking 60 years since one of Australia's worst natural disasters, the 1955 Hunter Valley Floods. Click here to view the full program of events.
Key achievements from Local Land Services' first year of operation are outlined in a publication that highlights statewide results as well as case studies from the 11 regions.
Local Strategic Plan
We are currently in the process of developing a five year Regional Strategic Plan for the Hunter.
- Applications sought for 2015 Hunter Regional Landcare Scholarship
03 March 2015
- Binless Playground Day – Wednesday 4 March
27 February 2015
- Feral animal control training workshop in Anna Bay
23 February 2015
- Taking the Hunter’s flood history into the future
18 February 2015
- Local Land Services delivers solid first year
16 February 2015
- Tackling African Olive in Dungog
12 February 2015