Our region has diverse landscapes including rainforests and wetlands. Agricultural activities include dryland and irrigated cropping, fodder, vineyards, beef and dairy cattle, sheep, alpacas and goats, horse breeding, poultry and aquaculture.
Hunter LLS has four community advisory groups providing high-level advice on its services and functions, helping guide its strategic direction. These groups work with the LLS board on issues such as agriculture, plant and animal biosecurity, emergency management and natural resource management.
View the terms of reference, members and meeting reports for each group at the community advisory groups page.
Hunter primary schools are encouraged to participate in the annual Binless Playground Day for one day during March to reduce waste and raise awareness about litter in our waterways and its effects on marine life.
Be sure to check out our page and 'like' it so you can keep up to date with news, resources and events across the Hunter.
Local Strategic Plan
We are currently in the process of developing a five year Regional Strategic Plan for the Hunter.
- Wild dog and fox trapping workshop in Port Stephens
26 March 2015
- Free family festival on Ash Island to draw a crowd
25 March 2015
- Seasonal workshops provide advice to farmers
05 March 2015
- Organic Farming Workshop in Gundy
04 March 2015
- Applications sought for 2015 Hunter Regional Landcare Scholarship
03 March 2015
- Helping Hunter grain producers increase profits
02 March 2015